Sunday, August 24, 2008

Birth Pangs: This Is Not Our Home - Signs of Redemption

Shalom Kol Yisrael,

I am interrupting part 3 of the series dealing with the Restoration of Yisrael. I sense that we are in the middle of birth pangs of the redemption of the sons of Yisrael to the Land. These birth pangs are just a reminder that this is not our home and the seed of Yisrael is to be planted in its own soil just as Scripture says.

This promise was given to Yaacov who was later named Yisrael.

Bereshit (Genesis) 28:13, “I am YHWH Elohim of Abraham your father and the Elohim of Yitshaq. The land on which you are lying, I give it to you and your seed. 14 “And your seed shall be as the dust of the earth, and you shall break forth to the west and to the east, to the north and the south. And all the clans of the earth shall be blessed in you and in your seed. 15 “And see, I am with you and shall guard you wherever you go, and shall bring you back to this land. For I am not going to leave you until I have done what I have spoken to you. (emphases added)

Abba woke me up very early Shabbat morning and I was thinking about these cataclysmic events that are taking place. Here in Florida, we have had Tropical Storm Fay bombarding us with serious flooding. In the Land, we have no rain with the Kinneret (sea of Galilee) in serious danger.

I hear Abba's cry, "Do not lose heart O my people Yisrael. For a woman is in labour. She is in much pain, the contractions are growing stronger.  But, when she gives birth there will be much joy!"

Tehillim (Psalm) 87: 5 And of Tsiyon it is said, “Each one was born in her; For the Most High Himself does establish her.” 6 YHWH does write in the register of the peoples, “This one was born there.” Selah. (emphases added)

If you are living in the Land of Yisrael, do not lose heart. In Ha Eretz (the Land of Yisrael) you are experiencing these birth pangs as well. Ha Eretz is crying out for the redemption of the sons of Yisrael. The soil is reflecting back its thirst for the sons to return. If you are living in the diaspora, do not lose heart. The amniotic fluid is ready to burst (the various floods taking place both here and abroad) as a woman in child birth. Where you are living now is not your home. The birth pangs are reminding you that the redemption will not give birth on foreign soil!

I am reminded of Tehillim 137: 1 By the rivers of Babel, There we sat down and we wept as we remembered Tsiyon. 2 We hung our lyres upon the willows in the midst of it. 3 For there our captors asked us for the words of a song, and our plunderers for rejoicing, saying, “Sing to us a song of Tsiyon!” 4 How could we sing the song of YHWH on foreign soil? 5 If I forget you, O Yerushalayim, let my right hand forget. 6 Let my tongue cleave to my palate, if I do not remember you, if I do not exalt Yerushalayim above my chief joy. 7 Remember, O YHWH, against the sons of Edom, the day of Yerushalayim, who said, “Lay it bare, lay it bare, to its foundation!” 8 O daughter of Babel, who are to be destroyed, blessed is he who repays you your deed, what you did to us! 9 Blessed is he who shall take and dash your little ones against the rock. (emphases added)

This is not a time to live in dread. This is a time to live in anticipation! If you are living in dread, you will miss out! Your cloud of despair will hide all of the goodness that Abba is planning to do in the final redemption of the sons of Yisrael to the Land. This is a spirit related to what I believe is fear. We are not to live in fear. Scripture exhorts us in 2 Timothy 1: 7 For YHWH hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Thank You Abba for being in control of all things. We bless You and thank You for hiding us in the Shadow of Your Wings.

Shavua Tov,
--
Tzefanyah Pappas
Chazak Chazak v’nitchazek
Let us be strong, let us be strong and let us
strengthen (encourage) one another!
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: